|Music teacher – voice, flute; Conductor; Vocal Therapist; Singer
Jenny completed the Bachelor of Music and Graduate Diploma (Vocal Division) courses at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music where she performed roles with the Queensland Conservatorium Opera School Productions. She then became involved in small four and six part vocal ensembles, including the Jubilate Singers, who toured overseas and recorded for ABC Radio and Television.
She has conducted a number of choirs and participated in woodwind programs, as well as taking music elective classes at Villanova College, St. Peter's College and Brisbane Boys Grammar School. She conducted Choral Workshops and tutored in voice with such organizations as the Maryborough Youth Music Society, Music for Young People, the Queensland Youth Theatre and has taken sectional rehearsals for the Brisbane Chorale on occasion. She delivers Body/Breath/Balance/Postural Alignment Sessions working with groups on general voice production and placement, using the breath and body alignment as key tools. She has also regularly adjudicated the Vocal and Woodwind sections at Eisteddfods. She trained the treble chorus for the Australian Opera Company's production of "Carmen" and for four years she directed the song and dance routines at an Academy of Dance Studio for youths.
As a member of the Conservatorium Singers she appeared as soloist on the record released prior to the 1983 European Concert Tour. She was the alto member of the vocal sextet "Jones and Co." for a number of years and toured and broadcast in Australia extensively for Musica Viva and the Australia Council. Overseas tours took Jones and Co to South - East Asia, U.S.A., Europe, New Zealand and Japan.
She was the manager of the vocal quartet La Cappella (involved in such events as the Biennial and the Brisbane Festival) and the convener and alto of the Queensland Pops Singers who performed regularly with the Pops Orchestra and the Q.S.O. These concerts took the 5-8 voice ensemble to the Gold Coast Cultural Centre, Queensland Performing Arts Concert Hall, Riverstage, Entertainment Centre and Piazza. The shows ranged widely in style from Gershwin, Berlin, Kerne and Porter through the light popular classics and Viennese repertoire to Musical Operetta. “Fair Lady to Phantom”, “Hits of Love and War”, “Best of British”, “Vienna Pops”, “Lerner and Lowe” are some of the titles of the Subscription Series. Along with leading the Queensland Pops Singers rehearsals she also conducts a number of small voice ensembles.
Her solo commitments have ranged from Jones & Co. and La Cappella gigs through to Queensland Pops Orchestra, Q.S.O. Concerts and the Queensland Philharmonic Orchestra Tots Pops Series for which she also directed the singers.
As a member of the Opera Queensland Company, she was also involved in numerous productions at the Lyric Theatre, Concert Hall and Conservatorium Theatre. These included Carmen, Samson and Dalila, Turandot, Tosca, Othello, Don Pasquale, La Boheme, Eugene Onegin, The Force of Destiny, Faust, La Traviata, Il Trovatore, The Mikado, Celestial Reflections, Coro Magnifico, The Last Concert of the Millenium, The Pearl Fishers, The Centenary of Federation and the Beethoven Ninth Symphony.
Sample of Facilitation Experience:
* Conducting Workshops and Rehearsals with choral ensembles (50 to 150 strong voices) these range from community choirs through to school or church based groups.
* Training choral conductors and teachers in voice projection and increased vocal stamina (groups of 10 to 20)
* Working in conjunction with Speech Pathologists (one-on-one sessions plus small group sessions) rehabilitating voices which have been abused and treated for vocal disorders such as hypertension of the vocal cords, nodules, vocal nodes and growths on the chords.
* Working in a therapy situation, using the unlocking of the voice to enable the client to move through emotional blockages, releasing long-term inbuilt fears and enabling a positive path to furthering general self-discovery.
* Consulting to the V.M. Group, conducting one-day Voice Power training programs for corporate clients.
Contact Jenny on:
(07) 3371 4838 or mobile: 0413 023 822